Protecting Your Rights, Your Loved Ones And Your Wishes
Misty wants every child to have a safe, stable, loving home and will fight hard to make this a reality. Too often the legal system gets wrapped up in the adults, overlooking the vulnerable children affected by court decisions. Whether you are getting a divorce and seeking child custody, seeking guardianship of a grandchild, or wanting to get a family member out of foster care, Misty wants to be a part of helping children achieve positive outcomes through the law.
Misty’s down-to-earth and genuine nature has a way of putting everyone at ease. Her law practice makes the complicated seem easy and doable. Misty truly cares about each and every person she works with and is personally invested in positive outcomes for her clients.
Misty has a tremendous amount of experience dealing with the Department of Family and Children Services (DFCS). She has worked with DFCS in a professional capacity but, most importantly, she has dealt with DFCS on a personal level. Misty knows how frustrating the system can be and has the knowledge and experience to help you navigate it.
- Georgia State University College of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. - 05/2019
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Honors: With High Distinction
- Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, Georgia
- B.S. - 07/2014
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Georgia, 2020
- The Atlanta Bar Foundation Ginny and Kelly Smith Tax Clinic Award
- CALI Award for Excellence in Tax Clinic
- Phi Alpha Delta, Society of Scholars
Classes & Seminars
- Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation, 2018 to Present
Fraternities Or Sororities
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Cobb County Bar Association, 2020
- Atlanta Bar Association, 2020
- Paulding County Bar, 2020